Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Austin Half Marathon

I am very proud of Alan for completing the Austin Half Marathon at the weekend! 13.1 miles of running, which he felt he was not properly prepared for, but he did it in a very respectable 2 hours 15 minutes and 17 seconds.




I chased Alan around the course on Sunday morning; I spotted him and cheered him on at the bottom of South Congress and later on by the Long Center, although I didn't take pictures there. Here he is (above and below) having just come up the very steep hill up to 15th and West.




Then I made a dash for the finish line, which wasn't all that far away. The runners took a slightly more roundabout route than the shortcut I was able to make, which put me in sight of the finish line...




Just in time to see Alan coming through!




Last corner :-)




There was a very long chute after the finish line through which the runners had to go, first to pick up their medals and then there were many refreshment stations. Alan found me at the fence by the banana stand.




We waited there for Tamzin, who also ran the same distance, and she completed it in 2 hours 37 minutes and 29 seconds. Here's the two of them looking pretty happy about it :-)




And finally, here's the medals they earned. Pretty cool, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment