Here is some more progress on the brick oven!
Since you last saw it, Alan has put cap stones onto the wall of breeze blocks. We filled the corners with concrete before glueing the stones into place. We used a concrete bonding glue which is very strong.
Yesterday we went to the store and bought copious amounts of wood, which Alan used to make the frame for the top slab.
Here's the inside frame, before Alan put the second half of the board in:
And then he built the outside of the frame. So this entire thing will be filled with more concrete.
We then have to buy some heat resistant slab bricks to lay on top of the plain concrete, which will become the cooking surface.
More to follow, in time...